Homeless Man Arrested for Overnight Bludgeoning of Five Others
According to Gulf News, a psychological evaluation has already been ordered for 24 year old Randy Rodriguez Santos of New York who was arrested in the early morning hours of Saturday, by some accounts still holding the metal pipe he is accused of using to bludgeon five other homeless men, four of which have died of their wounds.
After being shown video surveillance footage of one of the attacks, Santos is said to have confessed that he was the man in the footage.
Santos was arraigned on Sunday, but has not yet entered a plea. He is being held without bond and is scheduled to be back in court on Friday, October 11th.
In statements made to the Daily News, Santos' mother reported that her son had issues with drugs since he arrived from the Dominican Republic several years ago. She reported that she had thrown him out of her house after he had assaulted her and broken his grandfather's nose.
“I never thought he would kill someone,” 55 year old Fioraliza Rodriguez said. “I was afraid of him, though, because he punched me. That’s when I told him to get out of my house.”
According to police, Santos has been arrested numerous times before, four of which were in the last year. According to the New York Post, one of those attacks included an assault in which he bit a man's chest inside of a store.
Santos is currently facing four charges of murder and one for attempted murder. According to information on the New York City Department of Corrections website, he is also charged with trespassing and harassment.
You must log in to post a comment.