Convicted killer confesses to killing child molesters to local newspaper

Jonathan Watson, 41, beat two inmates at the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison, Corcoran on January 16, 2020 [Image credit: California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation]

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

By Nate Gartrell | ngartrell@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group

 

CORCORAN — Jonathan Watson, the California inmate accused of beating two convicted child molesters to death with a cane last month, has publicly confessed to both killings and says he gave prison officials plenty of warning that an attack would come if he wasn’t transferred to a new facility.

 

In a letter to this news organization, Watson, 41, said he murdered David Bobb, 48, and Graham De Luis-Conti, 62, with another inmate’s cane just one week after being transferred to California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in Corcoran.

 

Watson wrote that hours before attacking both men, he told a counselor at the prison that he wanted to be transferred, adding that the request was “urgent” and that he would soon attack an inmate but said that the warning was ignored. After the first attack, Watson said he was surprised at the lack of response from guards, so he singled out a second “child trafficker” and began beating him. Authorities were unaware of either homicide until Watson located a guard and led him to the bloody scene, he wrote.

 

Read more

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Facebooktwitterlinkedinrssyoutubevimeo

Leave a Reply