Murder and Cannibalism

Kevin Bacon, 25, of Swartz Creek, Michigan, and Mark Latunski, 50, of Morrice, Michigan. [Photo credit: WEYI/ Shiawassee County Jail]

On Monday, January 6th, court documents were released which revealed gruesome details in the case revolving around the murder of 25 year old Kevin Bacon.


Last week the death of the hairstylist garnered national attention when actor Kevin Bacon took to social media expressing his condolences to the family.


"(Mark Latunski) has a history of mental illness and has been hospitalized in the Owosso Mental Stress unit,” according to an August 22 motion uncovered by MLive which was filed by Latunski's ex-wife seeking to remove his rights for parental visits. “(Mark Latunski) has a history of going off his medication.”


Also disclosed in that filing is that Latunski was diagnosed with major depression, paranoid schizophrenia and traits of a personality disorder in 2010 and 2012.


“He has used the mental health card to get out of situations in the past and he’s attempting to use it again,” Karl Bacon said concerning Latunski's appearance in court on December 30th. “I would like to see him locked up for the rest of his life in some form or another.”


During that arraignment he claimed to be his nephew Edgar Thomas Hill, and even signed documents under a different name.


Information has now been released that shows that when police showed up at Latunski's residence to conduct a welfare check om December 28th after learning that Bacon had been there, he gave permission to the officers to enter and look around.


They were not prepared to find Bacon hanging nude from the rafters of the home by his ankles with body parts missing.


Latunski is said to have confessed stabbing Bacon once in the back before slitting his throat to authorities.  He allegedly told them that afterwards, he tied a rope around his ankles and hung him from the ceiling.


He is also said to have admitted to cutting Bacon's testicles off with a knife before consuming them.


Latunski has been charged with murder and mutilation of a corpse.  He is being held without bond and is scheduled to be back in court tomorrow, January 8th.