“He cooked the heart with potatoes to feed to his family to release the demons.”

Andrea Lynn Blankenship, 41, Leon Pye, 67, and Kaeos Yates, 4, of Chickasha, Oklahoma. [Image credit: KFOR]


Lawrence Paul Anderson had a sentence commuted by Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt on a recommendation by the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board in 2017 changing a 20 year sentence to 9 years.  He was released in the middle of January after serving little more than three years. He had been in and out of jail dating back to 2006 on primarily charges related to drugs.


42-year-old Anderson is once again behind bars after being released from the hospital on February 15 where he had been receiving treatment since the night of February 9. He is in the Grady County Jail.


The case has been slowly unfolding since February 9, suffering delays due in part to the weather.


He finally made his first appearance in court yesterday via video where the charges against him were read. Anderson is charged with three counts of first-degree murder, one count of assault and battery with a deadly weapon, and one count of maiming at this time.


Grady County District Attorney Jason Hicks stated on February 22 that the death penalty "is on the table."


"Oh God," Anderson reportedly cried, wiping tears with a bandaged hand. "I don't want no bail, your honor. I don't want no bail."


His defense attorney, Al Hoch has already stated his intention to have Anderson evaluated to determine whether or not he is competent to be prosecuted. As a prescience for the request, Anderson had allegedly told a judge in 2017 while pleading guilty that he was taking medications for bipolar disorder.


Law enforcement was called to the Pye home on the night of February 9 after someone in the residence called 911 and then hung up.


Emergency responders responded to the residence in order to make contact with the home owner and heard someone inside calling for help. They forced entry to the home and found four people injured inside.


One of those injured was 67- year-old Leon Pye who was declared to be deceased at the scene. He is Anderson's Uncle.


4-year-old Kaeos Yates, granddaughter of Leon, was found in critical condition and taken to an ambulance outside. "She was pronounced deceased in the ambulance on scene."


Delsie Pye, Leon's wife, sustained stab wounds to both eyes and was transported to the hospital for treatment.  She has since been released.


The fourth person found was Anderson.  He was observed "throwing up in the living room into some pillows." He also was transported for medical treatment.


Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations spoke with Anderson and he is said to have confessed to a third murder of which investigators were until that time, unaware of.


According to a report filed by an agent with the OSBI, obtained by The Oklahoman, Anderson "confessed to going to 227 West Minnesota Avenue, Chickasha" where "He used his shoulder to knock in the back door. There were two German Shepherd dogs in the house. Anderson advised he killed the female resident and cut her heart out."


"He took the heart back to 214 West Minnesota, Chickasha," where "He cooked the heart with potatoes to feed his family to release the demons."


During the execution of a search warrant at 227, the body of 41-year old Andrea Lynn Blankenship was found on February 11.  A GoFundMe has been set up to assist family with her memorial service.


A search warrant executed at the Pye residence found one cooking pot with residue inside and one cooking pot with food inside. It is believe that the attack against the Pye family started after he tried to get them to eat the heart of Blankenship.



Leave a Reply