Deputy head teacher and boyfriend filmed themselves sexually abusing a girl

Liverpool, England: 44-year-old Julie Morris and her boyfriend,  52-year-old David Morris have both been jailed after admitted to charges of sexually abusing a child.


Neither had previous involvement with law enforcement.


Julie's sentencing took place on Wednesday, December 22, and David was sentenced in October.


During the investigation police did not find reason to believe that any children at the school, St. George's Central Church of England Primary School in Wigan, were harmed.


The Mirror reported that she had been working at the school since 2011.


Julie admitted to two counts of rape, nine counts of inciting a child under the age of 13 to engage in sexual activity, two counts of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child, three counts of taking indecent images of a child, one count of engaging in sexual communication with a child and one count of possessing indecent images of a child.


She was sentenced to a jail term of 13 years and 4 months.


David Morris admitted to a total of 34 offenses including seven counts of rape, 13 counts of causing or inciting a child under the age of 13 to engage in sexual activity, two counts of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child, and various other charges related to taking, possessing, and distributing child pornography and voyeurism.


He was sentenced to 16 years in jail with an additional four on extended license.


Honorary Recorder of Liverpool, Judge Andrew Menary said, "Every now and again you see cases, the circumstances of which are almost beyond belief. This is one of those cases. It demonstrates that human depravity really knows no depths."


The court was told that the couple's "sordid secret" was revealed after a search warrant was executed resulting in the seizure of a phone belonging to David. The grounds for the search warrant evidently stemmed from contact with a man accused of pedophilia that had been arrested in January 2021.


A review of that phone led to the discovery of a conversation in which the couple were said to discuss the sexual abuse of a child.


According to the BBC, he was "arrested but cautioned and released" but more of his devices were taken by police.


The following day, police caught up with David and Julie in a camper van as they were believed to be attempting to elude law enforcement. They were reportedly headed to the Lake District with £10,000 ($13,404 USD) in their possession.


"It was purely by change that through examination of a completely separate, unrelated person's mobile phone, they discovered David Morris' contact details and that he appeared to be exchanging messages and possibly images relating to the abuse of children," Mairead Neeson, Senior Crown Prosecutor said. "It was the worse case that I have seen in my career."


District crown prosecutor Damion Lloyd told the court that "It truly appears like both of them were equally involved," despite Julie's claim that she was forced to participate out of a fear that David would leak images to family and colleagues.


In a review of 175,000 pages of communication between the pair over the course of their three year relationship, the Crown Prosecution was unable to find any such threats.