An unidentified 52-year-old Italian man was arrested by French police in the Alsace region after a tip was provided by German investigators that a man they had been iseeking had crossed the boarder.
Were it not for the scope of the man's alleged offenses this story would generally have been left to sit until some kind of solid verification could be done.
According to the reports, German officials have opened 122 investigations into this one individual and he is suspected in 160 rapes or sexual assaults of primarily children.
He is accused of raping his own daughter which is said to have taken place over a ten year period.
The other assaults and rapes are said to have happened between 2000 and 2014 and to have been primarily the children of various partners.
He was taken into custody by the French on October 20 and was being held in Colmar during the extradition proceedings.