Over the weekend of August 8th, Killean Police conducted a two day sting operation in partnership with the Texas Department of Public Safety Human Trafficking Program. As stated in their press release, the primary goal of this operation was "to locate and arrest subjects who were willing to make overt efforts to pay minors to engage in sexual acts."
Individuals reached out to police through various forms of social media in order to make arrangements to engage in sexual activity with girls that they believed were between 15 and 16 years old. The agreements included payment in the forms of money, drugs, and/or alcohol.
Upon arrival at a predetermined location, the suspects were taken into custody without incident. During the arrests two guns were also confiscated.
In total nine men were arrested, three of which are reported to be members of the military. Seven of the men were charged with felonies, two with misdemeanors. The mug shot of the third member of the military, 32-year-old Staff Sgt. Pierre Jean was not released.
The Killeen Daily Herald reported that they had requested Jean's image only to be told that neither the Killeen Police Department nor Bell County Jail had an image on file for him due to the fact that his charge was a misdemeanor and he was not actually booked into custody at the jail.
The individuals arrested in the sting are as follows:
- Anthony Xavier Antwon, 25, of Fort Hood, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Javier Perez, 40, of Austin, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Brian Harley Flynn, 21, of Temple, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Brandon Anthony Lee, 25, of Killeen, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Dustin Edward Johnson, 42, of Lott, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Timmy Jones Jr., 30, of Fort Hood, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Shaun Paul Moore, 39, of Kempner, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Rakeem Jamal Nelson, 28, of Killeen, Class A Prostitution
- Pierre Jean, 32, of Killeen, Class A Prostitution