Woman left notes in public restrooms saying she had been abducted

Scott Township, Pennsylvania: 38-year-old Corey Brewer has been released from jail after posting a $500 bond, but he faces a slew of charges related to allegations made by a woman claiming that he was sexually assaulting her and holding her against her will.


The first note was found on July 8 in a Wal-Mart restroom where it had been stuck to a mirror. Employees found the note and alerted police.


According to WTAE the note provided the woman's name as well as the name of Brewer who she stated was holding her against her will and physically and sexually assaulting her.


Investigators made contact with the woman's ex-boyfriend who told them that he had not seen her since April, and according to KCTV was in the process of reporting her missing. He additionally reported that he was aware she had been in a relationship with Brewer. He additionally stated that she had filed a protection order against Brewer in August 2020, but that it had expired the following month.


Officers went to Bewer's residence but did not make contact with anyone there though they reportedly could hear furniture moving inside.


Investigators then reached out to Bewer by phone and made contact with him. He told the officers that he and the woman were on vacation in New York and that while she could speak with the officers, she would not be able to do so in private. The call ended shortly thereafter.


Two days later another note was found in a women's restroom, this one at Fallingwater museum.


This note provided further information saying that she had been held since May 1 and asked that "she heard the police knocking at the residence, that the abuse hasn't stopped, and please don't give up." The note reportedly included a request that, "If I don't make it tell my family I love them."


Officers checked the surveillance footage and found what they believed to be images of Brewer with the woman. With that footage, investigators were able to obtain a search warrant for Bewer's residence.


Brewer was taken into custody and the woman was transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries including a cut on her foot.


She told investigators that she didn't attempt to run because Brewer had threatened to kill her and her children.


Brewer has been charged with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, strangulation, sexual assault, terroristic threats, simple assault and unlawful restraint.  He is scheduled to be back in court for a preliminary hearing on July 22.