Polk County, Florida: On Friday, September 9, the Polk County Sheriff's Office announced the results of Operation Fall Haul 2m a human trafficking enforcement operation, which took place over seven days.
Two confirmed victims of human trafficking and five suspected victims of human trafficking were identified during the operation. Each individual was "offered services by the social services organizations at the operation."
While announcing the results Sheriff Grady Judd said, "The online prostitution industry enables traffickers and allows for the continued victimization of those who are being trafficked. Our goal is to identify victims, offer them help, and arrest those who are fueling the exploitation of human beings (Johns) and those profiting from the exploitation of human beings. Prostitution is not a victimless crime- it results in exploitation, disease, dysfunction, drug and alcohol addiction, violence, and broken families."
WFTS highlighted one of the arrests that took place during the operation.
Jason DiPrima, a deputy police chief from Cartersville, Georgia was in Florida for an American Polygraph Association Seminar and Workshop when he responded to an online ad posted by an undercover detective.
The following night, DiPrima arrived at the unspecified location with $180 cash and a pack of White Claw. Following his arrest, he was released after paying $500 bond and then placed on administrative leave by the Cartersville Police Department.
Another arrest that was highlighted was that of 41-year-old Cameron Burke, a computer technician with the Oak Ridge High School in Orange County, Florida. At the time of his arrest, he was free on bond on charges of sexually abusing a 15-year-old student beginning in 2020.
The Polk County Sheriff's Department released what they deemed to be interesting notes from the operation.
• 26 of those arrested told detectives that they are married.
• Detectives charged those arrested with a total of 52 felonies and 216 misdemeanors.
• Criminal histories of everyone arrested included 419 previous felonies and 619 previous misdemeanors. Some of the prior histories include charges for kidnapping, robbery, aggravated battery, and sex offenses.
• 15 of the arrested were from other states and one was from Puerto Rico (Georgia, Michigan, New York, California, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Arizona).
• 16 suspects live in Polk County.
• 12 suspects told detectives they receive government assistance.
• Detectives seized cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, MDMA (Ecstasy), and marijuana, from those arrested during the operation.
• 7 of the arrested are suspected of being in the country illegally
• The oldest person arrested is 64 years old, while the youngest is 19 years old.
Arrests that the Sheriff's Department deemed to be noteworthy, beyond those highlighted above are as follows.
24-year-old Keith Nieves of Orlando was arrested for two counts of Soliciting a Prostitute (M1). He responded to an online escort advertisement and agreed to have unprotected sex with two undercover detectives. Nieves is employed as a correctional officer at Lake County Correctional Institution.
36-year-old Carlos Gonzalez of Davenport was arrested for two counts of Soliciting a Prostitute (M1). He responded to an online escort advertisement and agreed to have sex with two undercover detectives. Gonzalez is employed as a Math teacher at New Dimensions High School in Osceola County.
26-year-old John Layton of Gotha was arrested for Soliciting a Prostitute (M1). He responded to an online escort advertisement and agreed to pay $40 for a sex act. Layton is employed as a non-faculty coach at West Orange High School in Orange County and was wearing a school track and field shirt when he arrived at the undisclosed location.
57-year-old Guillermo Perez of Winter Garden was arrested for Soliciting a Prostitute (M2). He responded to an online escort advertisement and agreed to pay $80 for a quick visit to have sex with an undercover detective. Perez is employed as a bellhop at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
26-year-old Samy Claude of Orlando was arrested for Soliciting a Prostitute (M1). He responded to an online escort advertisement and agreed to have sex with an undercover detective. When Claude arrived at the residence, he brought a bag of sour Skittles for the undercover detective. He is self-employed as a photographer and is often contracted by Disney.