Santa Ana, California: The Santa Ana Police Department has announced the arrest of 22-year-old Luis Pablo Anaya-Martin and released his image saying, "this is a very dangerous person" citing concern that he may have been involved in other crimes.
They hope that there are no other victims out there, but encourage anyone that may have been victimized by Anaya-Martin, or have information relevant to the case, to contact Investigator K. Torres at (714) 245-8420.
The investigation into Anaya-Martin began after the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children provided a tip to the Santa Ana Police Department's Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
Seventeen online search warrants and at least one search warrant of his home executed on November 10 revealed that Anaya-Martin was in possession of at least 2,000 images and videos depicting child sexual abuse.
"Most of these images that this individual had were gruesome, and most of these were from ages of 5-years-old and younger," Santa Ana Police Cpl. Sonia Rojo said in speaking with CBSLA.
In speaking with KABC, Roja said, "Evidence shows there is sexual acts being committed with children as early as weeks old. We want to get this message out. We want parents to talk to their children to see if they know Mr. Martin."
Anaya-Martin was ordained as a minister in 2018 and it is unclear at this time if he had previously been involved with any churches in the area, or if he may have been involved at the time of his arrest.
At this time Anaya-Martin has been charged with five felonies including three counts of sale or distribution of obscene matter with children engaging in sex. Police noted that he has not been charged with production, but noted that additional charges may be forthcoming as the investigation continues.
He has a court date scheduled for February.