Man sentenced for rape of 3 month old

Andrew Glasser, 33, of Bismarck, North Dakota.

In October 2017, Andrew Glasser was initially arrested on charges of infant child abuse and then approximately two weeks later, after further examination of the child, he was re-arrested and charged with gross sexual imposition.


The infant was found by medical staff to have fractures to her ribs and femurs as well as additional fractures to the tibia and fibula of one leg which were seen to be in various states of healing.


Glasser is said to have tried to explain the girl's injuries to her legs away as the result of pressing her legs to her chest in an attempt to relieve gas.  Doctors refuted his explanation.


Glasser was released on bond on December 26, 2017 and subjected to GPS monitoring.  He was additionally ordered to have no contact with either the victim or other minors, and prohibited from accessing computers or the internet.


In January 2018 Glasser pleaded not guilty to the charges against him which included 10 counts of possession of child pornography ("certain materials prohibited,") child abuse, gross sexual imposition, and tampering with physical evidence for factory resetting his phone in an attempt to keep investigators from searching it.


Monday, February 24th, Glasser entered an Alford plea.  This is not an admission of guilt, but rather an admission that should his case go to trial, there is enough evidence that a jury would return a conviction.  As such, it is treated as a guilty plea triggering sentencing.


“He injured (an infant),” Burleigh County State’s Attorney Julie Lawyer said. “There’s no excuse for that.”


Defense attorney Robert Bolinske asked for leniency in sentencing Glasser citing that there had been no further infractions since his pretrial release on bond which had allowed him to hold down two jobs in order to meet financial obligations.


“His life is over as he knows it,” Bolinske said.


“I’m trying to get my life back after it stopped on a dime two years ago,” Glasser is reported to have said after he offered his apologies to “any victims affected by this.”  He asked South Central District Judge David Reich for a sentence of probation alone.


“I keep coming back to the victim,” Reich said.  “This was a very young, helpless victim.”


Glasser was sentenced to 10 years with all but four of those years suspended for a period of five years where he will be on supervised probation.