Former NFL player accused of sexually assaulting 7-year-old girl

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Duluth, Minnesota: Former NFL defensive end for the Arizona Cardinals 44-year-old Thomas Allan Burke has been charged with sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl on numerous occasions.

 

According to reports, the girl first came forward to her mother in February saying, "I need to tell you something that's been a secret."

 

The mother then called police and the following day the girl was interviewed at the First Wellness Child Advocacy Center. During the interview, she is said to have teared up and told an interviewer that she "does not like talking about it."

 

The girl went on to explain several sexual assaults which occurred in her bed at home.

 

Burke, a resident of Rice Lake, Wisconsin has denied the allegations against him and said that he was being "railroaded" and believed that the mother of the alleged victim was "somehow involved with AT&T and was out to get him."

 

Burke did admit though, that he was alone with the child on numerous occasions.

 

Burke was arraigned in State District Court in Duluth on Monday after he waived extradition following his arrest in Douglas County, Wisconsin.

 

A warrant for his arrest had been issued on June 8 charging him with first degree criminal sexual conduct.

 

During his arraignment his request for a public defender was denied and his bail was set at $100,000 despite objections from Assistant St. Louis County Attorney Jon Holets. Burke posted bail later that day and was released.

 

If convicted Burke faces a possible sentence of 12-14 years in prison.

 

He is due back in court on July 6.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Facebooktwitterlinkedinrssyoutubevimeo

2 thoughts on “Former NFL player accused of sexually assaulting 7-year-old girl

Leave a Reply